(#11) DONALD “COWBOY” CERRONE vs. (#14) LEON EDWARDS
(#Eight) OVINCE SAINT PREUX vs. (#12) TYSON PEDRO
(#9) JESSICA ROSE CLARK vs. (#10) JESSICA EYE
TICKETS FOR UFC FIGHT NIGHT® SINGAPORE PRESENTED BY AIRASIA AT SINGAPORE INDOOR STADIUM GO ON SALE WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25
EVENT AIRS LIVE ON UFC FIGHT PASS
This occasion, which airs reside on UFC FIGHT PASS, brings followers within the area the chance to witness one of the daring and unpredictable MMA athletes within the historical past of the trendy sport. No. 11-ranked welterweight Donald Cerrone (33-10, 1NC, combating out of Albuquerque, N.M.) is well-known for his thrilling model within the Octagon®, and his confidence and aggression are revered and loved by each athletes and followers. Over the course of his storied profession, “Cowboy” has stared down and triumphed over the likes of Matt Brown, Rick Story, former champions Benson Henderson and Eddie Alvarez, in addition to Edson Barboza. Most lately, he moved right into a three-way tie for essentially the most wins in UFC historical past, when he knocked out Yancy Medeiros.
Assembly “Cowboy” for the primary time is the quickly rising younger British star, Leon Edwards (14-Three, combating out of Birmingham, England). On a five-fight successful streak, Edwards could have his sights set on one other dominant win, this time towards among the finest within the enterprise. A win for Edwards will make an enormous assertion and proceed his rise to the highest of the division.
Extra bouts on the cardboard embrace:
• No. Eight-ranked knockout-ace Ovince Saint Preux (22-11, combating out of Knoxville, Tennessee, USA) will face rising Australian star Tyson Pedro (7-1, combating out of Sydney, Australia) in a light-weight heavyweight showdown.
• Highly effective Japanese striker Shinsho Anzai (10-2, combating out of Tokyo, Japan) will face “The Celtic Child” Jake Matthews (13-Three,, combating out of Epping, Victoria, Australia) who’s seeking to construct on his 2-fight successful streak within the welterweight division.
• No. 9-ranked girls’s flyweight Jessica Rose Clark (Eight-Four, combating out of Innisfail, Australia) is seeking to begin her UFC profession with three wins in a row as she faces no. 10-ranked Jessica Eye (12-6, combating out of Cleveland, Ohio, USA)
• In a flyweight bout, Jenel Lausa (7-Four, combating out of Manila, Philippines) faces Ashkan Mokhtarian (13-Three, combating out of Wentworthville, Sydney, Australia), with every athlete hungry for a dominant win.
• Submission specialist Matt Schnell (11-Four, combating out of Shreveport, Louisiana, USA) takes on 20 year-old undefeated prospect Naoki Inoue (11-Zero, combating out of Toyohashi, Japan) in a flyweight match-up.
• Chinese language striker Yan Xiaonan (Eight-1, combating out of Beijing, China) is seeking to rating her second consecutive win within the Octagon® towards strawweight contender Nadia Kassem (5-Zero, combating out of Wentworthville, Sydney, Australia)
Talking of the multi-year deal, UFC Vice President, Asia Pacific Kevin Chang mentioned, “After evaluating the success of our occasions final 12 months, the urge for food from our companions and quickly rising MMA fan base, we really feel it’s the proper time to make the Lion Metropolis an everyday, annual cease on our reside occasions calendar. Singapore is dwelling to Southeast Asia’s greatest and most talked-about occasions and stays a key marketplace for us. We look ahead to constructing on our progress from 2017, as we convey followers on this area even nearer to world class MMA.”
That is the primary multi-year reside occasion settlement for the worldwide model within the Asia-Pacific area and follows a extremely profitable 2017 which noticed UFC occasions in Japan, China, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore; the place UFC® Combat Evening: Holm vs Correia drew a crowd of over Eight,400 followers at Singapore Indoor Stadium final June.
“We’re honored to assist make UFC Combat Evening an everyday fixture in Singapore’s sporting line-up,” Rudy Khaw, Group Head of Branding for AirAsia mentioned. This would be the UFC’s first common reside occasion within the area and, as a really Asian airline, we’re thrilled to have the ability to convey world-class MMA nearer to followers right here.”
As a part of the settlement, UFC has pledged to convey their followers in Asia much more alternatives to fulfill, prepare and watch the world’s most interesting MMA athletes from across the globe. UFC will stage common editions of UFC Combat Evening Singapore all of which might be hosted at Singapore Indoor Stadium as a part of a strategic partnership to convey followers in southeast Asia the very best spectator expertise and premium fight sports activities occasions.
“The Singapore Sports activities Hub is thrilled to host the UFC once more on the Singapore Indoor Stadium,” Adam Firth, Chief Industrial Officer for Sports activities Hub Pte Ltd, shared. “UFC is an undisputed heavyweight in world sport, and the main MMA franchise globally. UFC Combat Evening Singapore continues to be a spotlight on our sporting calendar. Along with UFC, we vastly look ahead to presenting extra world-class combined martial arts to followers from the area.”
Tickets for UFC FIGHT NIGHT® SINGAPORE introduced by AirAsia will go on basic sale on Wednesday April 25th through Sports activities Hub Tix and might be obtainable for buy on-line at www.sportshubtix.sg, the Sports activities Hub Tix Field Workplace, Sports activities Hub Tix Shops in any respect SingPost areas, and by calling Sports activities Hub Tix Hotline at +65 3158 7888. Early chicken promotions might be obtainable from April 25 – Might 9.
Observe us on Fb (UFC Asia), Twitter and Instagram (@ufc), and use our official hashtag: #UFCSINGAPORE