Need assistance together with your fantasy-golf lineups for this week’s Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill? Our fantasy-golf specialists are right here to assist.
From picks to win to DraftKings bargains to gamers to keep away from, listed here are some choices so that you can contemplate:
- Projected champion: Jason Day. Received at Bay Hill two years in the past and is again to the participant he was when he was No. 1 on this planet and contending week in and week out.
- Additionally like: Justin Rose, Tiger Woods and Emiliano Grillo. Rose is enjoying a house recreation as he lives in close by Lake Nona and has a number of success at Bay Hill. Tiger Woods has extra, although, as he’s received the API eight occasions. If not for a third-round 78 right here a 12 months in the past, Grillo might need received. The Argentine enters this 12 months enjoying his finest golf shortly.
- Sleeper: Jason Kokrak. Taking part in effectively and has had success at Bay Hill earlier than with two top-6 finishes in 5 API begins. Additionally, he’ll be impressed by his Xavier Musketeers, who’re a No. 1 seed within the NCAA Basketball Event.
- DraftKings Cut price: Collin Morikawa ($6,700). Most cost-effective participant within the area, however the Cal junior can actually play. He misplaced in a playoff on the Net.com Tour two summers in the past and is coming off an enormous school win in Mexico. He went Four-Zero final fall within the Walker Cup and is likely one of the finest ballstrikers within the novice recreation.
- Fade: Charley Hoffman. Was T-2 right here final 12 months, however has missed three of his 5 cuts at Bay Hill. Additionally isn’t enjoying notably effectively in the meanwhile.
- Projected champion: Justin Rose. It was type of shocking to see Rose fade when he had the possibility to win final Sunday, however the level is he was in competition to win. It ended with a T-5, his second high 10 in three begins. He is also a horse at Bay Hill, the place he’s posted 5 high 15s in his final six begins. These embody a second and a T-Three. And in case you’re anxious about Rose closing out these days, he has three wins since October. So much to love this week with the Englishman.
- Additionally like: Tiger Woods and Tommy Fleetwood. Woods has continued to progress and virtually received final week. The pure development could be for him to seize his ninth Arnold Palmer Invitational victory this week, however even for Tiger golf is usually not that fluid. Anyway, I do anticipate exhibiting from him. As for Fleetwood, effectively he tied for 10th in his debut right here final 12 months … regardless of an opening-round 78. His outcomes of late? A win and 4 different top-six showings in his final seven begins. With the way in which he’s enjoying, he’s not capturing 78. That makes him extraordinarily harmful at Bay Hill with the probability he will get off to begin this time.
- Sleeper: Sean O’Hair. He’s coming off a promising solo 12th at Valspar and returns to a venue the place he’s had some success. Whereas his second and T-Three right here got here a couple of decade in the past, these are nonetheless recollections he can use to his benefit. In more moderen years at Bay Hill, O’Hair has one high 10 and top-40 showings general in 5 straight begins from 2012-16. He missed the minimize final 12 months, however moreover that he’s constantly strong at Bay Hill and has confirmed his potential for a excessive end. A superb combo for a man below the radar.
- DraftKings Cut price: Aaron Smart ($6,900). The 2016 NCAA particular person champion has confirmed a few of his potential not too long ago, as he posted a high 15 at Pebble. He’s been particularly spectacular amidst adversity. He opened in 76 at Honda and Valspar … and made the minimize each occasions. The truth is, he positioned T-33 at Honda. The great play is there, now he simply must put it collectively for extra rounds and get off to good begins. That may occur. If it does at Bay Hill, he could possibly be contending come Sunday.
- Fade: Hideki Matsuyama. It’s not clear if his wrist difficulty is gone or nonetheless bothering him. He’d been enjoying effectively prior (4 straight high 12s earlier than a WD), however the uncertainty on his situation retains me away.