The autumn finale of the 2017-18 PGA Tour season is upon us.
The RSM Traditional begins Thursday at Sea Island Golf Membership in St. Simons Island, Ga., and includes a subject that features Matt Kuchar, Bubba Watson, Webb Simpson, Charles Howell III and defending champion Mackenzie Hughes.
In 2015, the event expanded from 132 to 156 gamers, and commenced to make use of Sea Island’s Plantation Course (Par 70, 7,058 yards) along with the Seaside Course (Par 70, 7,005 yards).
All seven RSM Traditional champions shot even par or higher in each spherical en path to the title, so count on low scoring once more this yr. Final yr, Hughes opened in 61 earlier than including rounds of 67-68-69 to complete at 17 underneath and prevailing in a five-man playoff.
The important thing at Sea Island is placing and across the greens. Hughes was third in strokes gained-putting final yr and first in strokes gained-around the inexperienced. On the identical time, he ranked 25th in strokes gained-tee to inexperienced, T-50 in inexperienced in regulation 38th in strokes gained-off the tee.
Listed below are my top-25 fantasy golf choices for the 2017 version of the RSM Traditional:
1. Charles Howell III: One other course he likes, and this time it’s a house recreation – T-13 or higher 4 occasions and no MCs in seven profession RSM begins. T-Four end final week in Mexico adopted a T-15 in China and T-19 in South Korea.
2. Webb Simpson: Driving present streak of 4 straight top-20s. Additionally owns three top-10s in final seven Tour begins. Runner-up right here in 2011, boasts two different top-12s and hasn’t missed a lower in Sea Island in 5 journeys.
Three. Matt Kuchar: St. Simons Island resident’s MC right here final yr snapped a streak of 5 straight top-25s at Sea Island. T-31 in every of previous two worldwide begins with 4 top-10s in final seven begins.
Four. Kevin Kisner: Gained right here in 2015 and has three different finishes of T-26 or higher at Sea Island, however surprisingly missed lower final yr. Nicely rested as he’s not performed since Presidents Cup. T-Three in final Tour begin, at Tour Championship.
5. Brian Harman: One top-10 in 5 begins right here for St. Simons Island resident and has missed his previous two RSM cuts. However he’s been eighth or higher in every of his two Tour begins this season. Boasts stellar quick recreation.
6. Zach Johnson: T-23 or higher in three straight Tour begins now. MC right here final yr was his third in seven begins at his adoptive residence of Sea Island, however he does personal a pair of top-16 finishes. Ranks 10th on Tour in SGP.
7. Scott Brown: Three top-20s in 4 profession RSM begins. Boasts two top-6 finishes in final three Tour begins, together with a T-6 final week in Mexico.
eight. Ollie Schniederjans: T-6 in RSM debut final yr and is having fun with some good type proper now – T-17, T-23, T-19 in final three Tour begins.
9. Patton Kizzire: Two straight MCs at Sea Island for native man, however is coming off an enormous win in Mexico and two different top-10s earlier than that. Is also 14th on Tour in SGP.
10. Jamie Lovemark: Missed lower in Vegas, however was T-5 in South Korea two weeks prior. T-9 and T-6 in first two journeys to Sea Island. Ranks 24th in SGP.
11. Si Woo Kim: It’s now been seven begins since his final WD, which is a pleasant signal. Completed third final week in Mexico. T-18 in RSM debut in 2015 earlier than a MC final yr.
12. Patrick Rodgers: Improved on T-44 in RSM debut with T-10 end final yr. Placing is far improved this season as he ranks 20th in SGP. T-14 in final outing in Mexico.
13. Sean O’Hair: 4 top-20s in 5 RSM begins. Hasn’t teed it up since a T-20 on the BMW, although.
14. Invoice Haas: In 4 begins at RSM, owns a T-13 (final yr) and runner-up (2010). Ranks 13th in SG across the inexperienced. Only one top-10 in final 11 Tour begins, although.
15. Jason Kokrak: Has made 4 of 5 cuts at RSM, however only one top-10 (T-10, 2013). Combines energy with creativity across the greens. Three top-20s in final 4 Tour begins.
16. Chesson Hadley: Meals poisoning pressured him to WD in Mexico, however he’s been T-Four or higher in his different three Tour begins this season. Nothing higher than T-32 and two MCs in 4 begins right here, however does rank 12th in SGP.
17. Graeme McDowell: Simply two begins right here however considered one of them is a third-place exhibiting in 2015. Ranks second in SGP. Has made his final six worldwide cuts with a pair of top-15s.
18. Kevin Streelman: Bought again on observe with T-20 in Mexico, his third top-20 in his final 4 Tour begins. Owns a T-6 end in Sea Island (2011).
19. J.J. Spaun: T-10 and T-14 in final two weeks on Tour. Opened in 68-65 earlier than falling to T-57 end final yr at Sea Island.
20. Brian Stuard: Blended bag right here with three MCs and two top-25s. However he does personal two top-10s in final three Tour begins.
21. Whee Kim: T-27 final yr at Sea Island after an MDF in 2014. Ranks 16th in SGP. T-45 in Mexico was a step again after finishes of T-2, fourth in earlier two Tour begins.
22. Beau Hossler: Making RSM debut however has but to overlook a lower in 4 Tour begins this season. T-10 and T-7 in two weeks earlier than his T-34 final week in Mexico.
23. Camilo Villegas: T-2 final yr at Sea Island and now excellent in 5 tries at RSM. Not an incredible putter, although, and his current type has been OK – no MCs however only one top-20 in his final 5 begins.
24. John Huh: T-9 right here in 2015 and hasn’t missed a lower in three RSM begins. T-25 final week in Mexico.
25. Stewart Cink: T-33 or higher with two top-13s in 4 straight begins earlier than MC in Mexico. Hadn’t completed higher than T-32 right here (5 tries) till T-10 final yr.