By: Pete Pistone – @PPistone | MRN.com on October 10, 2017 | 9:38 A.M. EST&#thirteen;
MRN’s Pete Pistone unveils this week’s Energy Rankings following the Financial institution of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. (Photograph: Getty Photographs)&#thirteen;
Win No. 6 of the season put Martin Truex Jr. again on prime of the Energy Rankings.
1.Martin Truex Jr.: He “solely” led ninety one laps at Charlotte, however that was greater than sufficient to attain win No. 6 of the season. Truex seems to be unstoppable and has already claimed a berth within the semifinal spherical of the playoffs.
Factors Standing: 1st
Earlier Rating: 2nd
2. Kyle Busch: A tough day for Busch at Charlotte. He had no shot at profitable his third straight race. A Friday journey into the wall throughout follow was simply the tip of the iceberg for Busch, who made extra contact a number of occasions with it on Sunday and limped house with a twenty ninth-place end.
Factors Standing: sixth
Earlier Rating: 1st
three. Kyle Larson: A mistake on pit street spelled doom for Larson, who misplaced a number of spots on a late cease when a crew member fell down whereas altering tires. Larson did end within the prime 10 however simply misplaced 4 or 5 spots within the aftermath of the miscue.
Factors Standing: 2nd
Earlier Rating: third
four. Chase Elliott: Erased the frustration of his second-place end in Dover with one other runner-up efficiency in Charlotte. However this one felt totally different as Elliott put final week’s frustration behind him to attain his third second-place end in 4 playoff races.
Factors Standing: 4th
Earlier Rating: seventh
5. Jimmie Johnson: A mid-area qualifying spot introduced an early problem for Johnson, who overcame the much less-than-splendid beginning place to place a prime-10 end on the board.
Factors Standing: seventh
Earlier Rating: fifth
6. Denny Hamlin: General, Hamlin had a great weekend in Charlotte even when it wasn’t spectacular. He certified on the pole and backed it up with a prime-5 end within the Financial institution of America 500.
Factors Standing: fifth
Earlier Rating: eighth
7. Kevin Harvick: The Stewart-Haas Racing driver turned in a 3rd-place end at Charlotte. That erased the reminiscence of what has been a mediocre playoff for Harvick, who seems to construct on final week’s momentum within the subsequent two weeks of the second spherical.
Factors Standing: third
Earlier Rating: ninth
eight. Jamie McMurray: Coming off a fifth-place end in Charlotte, McMurray is an adept restrictor-plate racer, so the Chip Ganassi Racing driver has a shot at shifting up the playoff grid this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.
Factors Standing: eighth
Earlier Rating: tenth
9. Brad Keselowski: Certified nicely with a sixth-place beginning spot, however Keselowski pale because the race glided by. He took the checkered flag in fifteenth place and continues to look not far more than common because the playoffs proceed.
Factors Standing: tenth
Earlier Rating: sixth
10. Matt Kenseth: Beginning to lose some steam on the mistaken level of the season. Kenseth wasn’t a lot of an element Sunday at Charlotte and goes into Race 2 of the second spherical in search of a spark.
Factors Standing: ninth
Earlier Rating: 4th