Justin Thomas is in search of a 3-peat this week on the CIMB Basic, the place the 2016-17 PGA Tour Participant of the Yr can also be the highest fantasy-golf choice within the seventy eight-participant area.
The CIMB Basic first moved to Kuala Lumpur Golf and Nation Membership, now referred to as TPC Kuala Lumpur, in 2013, when the occasion first turned a co-sanctioned event between the PGA Tour and Asian Tour.
In 4 earlier editions of the CIMB Basic, there was two repeat winners. Ryan Moore gained in 2013 and ’14, and Thomas gained in 2015 and ’sixteen.
The par-seventy two format yields loads of birdies and eagles, so in an effort to contend right here gamers should go low.
Here’s a take a look at the highest 25 fantasy-golf choices for this week:
1. Justin Thomas: The World No. four has gained in each journeys to TPC Kuala Lumpur. He took final week off after a Participant of the Yr award-profitable season that included 5 wins (together with the PGA Championship), a FedEx Cup title and a three-1-1 efficiency on the Presidents Cup. Ranked second on Tour final season in birdie common.
2. Paul Casey: Nothing higher than T-21 in three CIMB appearances, however did shut final season with 5 prime-5s in last eight begins. Completed final season ranked nineteenth in birdie common.
three. Hideki Matsuyama: Has gotten higher in every of his 4 begins at CIMB – T-25 in 2013, T-21 in ’14, fifth in ’15 and runner-up final yr. T-23 or worse in final 4 worldwide begins, although, as he struggles to exchange his driver that broke on the BMW. Appeared uninspiring for a lot of Presidents Cup earlier than wanting higher in a singles victory over Thomas. Third on Tour final yr in birdie common.
four. Gary Woodland: Runner-up at CIMB in 2013 and ’14 earlier than notching T-fifty six finishes in every of the previous two years. The dying of certainly one of his unborn twins in March affected his efficiency final season, however Woodland rallied to make the Tour Championship, the place he completed nineteenth.
5. Brendan Steele: T-26 right here final yr after profitable the 2016 Safeway Open. Efficiently defended his Safeway title final week. T-25 and T-three in different two journeys to TPC Kuala Lumpur.
6. Kevin Na: Boasts a pair of prime-three finishes at CIMB. Coming off T-37 end at Safeway after closing final season with two prime-6s in final 4 begins.
7. Scott Piercy: Returned from damage and lengthy layoff to complete T-17 at Safeway. Hit prime 10 in earlier two begins in Malaysia. T-9 in birdie common final season.
eight. Graham DeLaet: In solely CIMB begin he was T-7 in 2013. Began new season with T-5 displaying at Safeway.
9. Xander Schauffele: Rookie of the yr coming off win at East Lake. T-20 in birdie common final season.
10. Anirban Lahiri: Gained confidence at Presidents Cup with good weekend performances. T-three final yr in fourth journey to TPC Kuala Lumpur. T-14 in birdie common final yr.
eleven. Grayson Murray: Ranked 18th on Tour in birdie common final season and coming off T-9 end in Napa.
12. Ollie Schniederjans: T-17 in Napa and was T-37 final season in birdie common. Making CIMB debut.
thirteen. Chez Reavie: T-60 in CIMB debut final yr, however trending with three prime-thirteen finishes in final 4 begins, together with T-thirteen final week in Napa.
14. Stewart Cink: T-17 or higher in two of three CIMB begins. Barely missed out on making it to East Lake final season. T-20 in birdie common final season.
15. Si Woo Kim: T-10 in CIMB debut final season and confirmed late spark at Presidents Cup. All the time a danger to WD, although.
sixteen. Luke Record: Began yr with T-37 end at Safeway. No prior historical past in Malaysia. However was T-eleven in birdie common final season.
17. Rafa Cabrera-Bello: Ranked nineteenth on the earth and T-10 in CIMB debut final yr.
18. Pat Perez: Nothing higher than T-33 in three CIMB begins, however Perez had a pleasant playoff run final season that culminated in a sixteenth-place end at East Lake.
19. Ian Poulter: Coming off T-eleven end at British Masters and was T-17 two years in the past in Malaysia.
20. Keegan Bradley: Missed first minimize in eleven begins at Safeway, however has two prime-10s in three begins at CIMB.
21. Bud Cauley: Constructed on strong 2016-17 season with T-7 at Safeway. Making first journey to TPC Kuala Lumpur.
22. Tyrone Van Aswegen: T-7 at CIMB final yr and T-9 at Safeway final week. Good combo.
23. Emiliano Grillo: Struggled mightily at finish of final season and went winless on the Presidents Cup, however confirmed flashes at Safeway. Completed T-28 in Napa after a closing seventy seven. T-17 in Malaysia final yr.
24. Branden Grace: Nothing higher than T-25 since T-6 at British Open, however was T-17 right here in 2015 and appeared strong on the Presidents Cup.
25. Adam Hadwin: Completed twenty third in East Lake debut. Was T-21 in CIMB debut final yr.