By: Pete Pistone – @PPistone | MRN.com on August eight, 2017 | 9:15 A.M. EST&#thirteen;
MRN unveils this week’s Energy Rankings following the I Love New York 355 at Watkins Glen Worldwide, with a well-known face within the prime spot. (Photograph: Getty Photographs)&#thirteen;
Martin Truex Jr.’s fourth win of the 2017 Monster Power NASCAR Cup Collection retains him firmly on prime of the Energy Rankings.
1. Martin Truex Jr.: A quick automotive and gasoline-mileage technique performed to perfection added as much as Truex scoring Monster Power Collection win No. four of the season. The Furnishings Row Racing driver has a stranglehold on the common-season factors lead.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: 113.9
Factors Standing: 1st
Earlier Rating: 1st
2. Kyle Busch: Expressed his frustration – think about that – with not with the ability to problem for the win after contact with Keselowski ruined the plan for Busch and the No. 18 staff. The pole winner ended up with a seventh-place end.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: 106.three
Factors Standing: third
Earlier Rating: 2nd
three. Denny Hamlin: Since profitable in New Hampshire, Hamlin has loved a string of robust outings with Watkins Glen capping off a great street-racing season for the Joe Gibbs Racing driver. After beginning eleventh, Hamlin muscled his means close to the entrance of the pack to return residence fourth.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: ninety.1
Factors Standing: fifth
Earlier Rating: sixth
four. Kyle Larson: Issues haven’t gone properly for Larson in current weeks and Watkins Glen was the newest instance. After qualifying on the surface of the entrance row, one other afternoon of challenges added as much as Larson ending method down within the ultimate outcomes.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: one hundred and one.eight
Factors Standing: 2nd
Earlier Rating: 4th
5. Brad Keselowski: Within the combine earlier than contact with Kyle Busch modified his day and the dealing with of Keselowski’s automotive. Wasn’t capable of comply with his robust Saturday Xfinity Collection end with an equally good effort in Sunday’s foremost occasion.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: ninety six.5
Factors Standing: sixth
Earlier Rating: fifth
6. Matt Kenseth: Virtually pulled off what was wanted for win No. 1 of the season however got here up brief on gasoline mileage, which determined Sunday’s race at The Glen. A second-place end was nonetheless a strong effort for the Joe Gibbs Racing driver.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: 89.1
Factors Standing: ninth
Earlier Rating: eighth
7. Kevin Harvick: The great vibrations from final weekend’s Pocono runner-up end evaporated at Watkins Glen for Harvick, who had a center-of-the-pack automotive all weekend and will by no means discover the velocity essential to problem for the win.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: a hundred and one.2
Factors Standing: 4th
Earlier Rating: third
eight. Daniel Suarez: The glowing summer time of Suarez continued to shine brightly for the rookie driver at The Glen. Suarez was inside the highest 5 most all afternoon and took the checkered flag with a really spectacular third-place efficiency.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: seventy one.6
Factors Standing: fifteenth
Earlier Rating: tenth
9. Jimmie Johnson: The summer time doldrums continued for Johnson at Watkins Glen, which included a spin early within the weekend, and all he might muster after an honest prime-10 qualifying effort was a dismal twenty ninth place end.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: 87.four
Factors Standing: eleventh
Earlier Rating: seventh
10. Jamie McMurray: His day began a lot better than it ended on Sunday. McMurray certified ninth however completed outdoors the highest 10 with a disappointing 1th-place effort at Watkins Glen.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: 89.2
Factors Standing: eighth
Earlier Rating: ninth