By: Pete Pistone – @PPistone | MRN.com on July eleven, 2017 | 7:15 A.M. EST&#thirteen;
Martin Truex Jr.’s dominating night time in Kentucky put him on prime of this week’s Energy Rankings. (Photograph: Getty Photographs)&#thirteen;
Martin Truex Jr.’s dominating night time in Kentucky put him on prime of this week’s Energy Rankings.
1. Martin Truex Jr.: They do not come extra dominating on this period than the efficiency Truex Jr. placed on Saturday night time. He led 152 laps, swept all three levels and scored his third win of 2017.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: 111.four
Factors Standing: 2nd
Earlier Rating: 2nd
2. Kyle Larson: He needed to cross ninety automobiles on Saturday night time simply to complete second, however Larson had one of many night time’s quickest rides. He began from the rear after lacking qualifying via an inspection snafu for the No. forty two workforce however nonetheless knocked down yet one more runner-up efficiency.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: a hundred and five.9
Factors Standing: 1st
Earlier Rating: 1st
three. Kyle Busch: Began from the pole and led 112 laps however as soon as Busch misplaced the result in Martin Truex Jr. he might do nothing to get it again and completed fifth with one other lacking lug nut present in submit-race inspection for good measure.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: 102.four
Factors Standing: third
Earlier Rating: fifth
four. Kevin Harvick: Persistently within the prime 10 all through the night time for Harvick, who began seventh and took the checkered flag ninth in Kentucky.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: one hundred and one.three
Factors Standing: 4th
Earlier Rating: third
5. Jimmie Johnson: His night time was over simply after the beginning of the second stage when Johnson acquired snarled in an accident that additionally took out Brad Keselowski, including one other chapter to the Hendrick Motorsports driver’s sluggish summer time of 2017.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: ninety one.1
Factors Standing: ninth
Earlier Rating: eighth
6. Jamie McMurray: Acquired accused of being too aggressive by Denny Hamlin when the 2 made contact on the opening inexperienced flag. McMurray settled into a very good rhythm the remainder of the night time and got here house with yet one more prime 10 effort in Kentucky.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: ninety.6
Factors Standing: sixth
Earlier Rating: seventh
7. Chase Elliott: He began twelfth on Saturday however Elliott was capable of cross automobiles and needed to a number of occasions when he dropped again within the subject by way of quite a lot of challenges. Wound up with a really spectacular third-place run.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: ninety four.eight
Factors Standing: fifth
Earlier Rating: eighth
eight. Ryan Blaney: A prime-10 end for Blaney Saturday night time after he began sixth within the Quaker State four hundred. Strong however not spectacular summed up the efficiency for the Wooden Brothers Racing driver.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: 89.9
Factors Standing: thirteenth
Earlier Rating: tenth
9. Brad Keselowski: Frustration boiled over for Keselowski when he exited the race because of a crash that collected Jimmie Johnson. He made feedback afterward it was time to make vital modifications to the Cup automotive, which he later tempered on social media.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: ninety five.7
Factors Standing: eighth
Earlier Rating: sixth
10. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: A mediocre comply with-as much as his Daytona win with a 14th-place efficiency at Kentucky. However a minimum of it was higher than final yr’s go to to Sparta when Stenhouse Jr. was the primary one out of the race.
Season-to-Date Driver Score: seventy seven.zero
Factors Standing: sixteenth
Earlier Rating: ninth
Dropped Out: None